The HP 1820 Switch Series offers more choice and flexibility for smaller organizations that require ease of use and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), while delivering better network performance. They are smart-managed, fixed configuration, Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches in an easy-to-administer solution that have the latest energy-saving capabilities.
These switches are plug-and-play out of the box, where network operation can be fine-tuned through features available from a simple Web browser-based GUI, when needed.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
- The HP 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HP 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organizations that require simplicity.
- The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
- Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
- These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
- Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
- The HP 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
- All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with limited 24x7 telephone support for the first three years.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HP 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritization provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
- Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
- IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
|Latency (10-100 Mbps)||7 µs|
|Latency (1 Gbps)||2 µs|
|Switching capacity||52 Gbit/s|
|MAC address table||8000 entries|
|Jumbo frames support||Y|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Switch type||Managed network switch|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Y|
|Flow control support||Y|
|Spanning tree protocol||Y|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3u|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 40 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 70 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||15 - 95%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||15 - 95%|
|Fiber optic connector||SFP|
|Fiber ethernet cabling technology||100BASE-LX,100BASE-SX,1000BASE-X|
|Built-in processor||ARM Cortex-A9|
|Processor frequency||400 MHz|
|Internal memory||128 MB|
|Flash memory||16 MB|
|Packet buffer memory||1.5 MB|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||10BASE-T,100BASE-T,1000BASE-T|
|Fiber ports quantity||2|
|Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity||24|
|SFP module slots quantity||2|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||24|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Power consumption (typical)||240 W|
|Energy Star certified||Y|
|AC input voltage||100-240|
|AC input frequency||50/60|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Y|
|Total Power over Ethernet (PoE) budget||185 W|
|Power over Ethernet plus (PoE+) ports quantity||12|
|Weight & dimensions|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.